Translate

Friday, November 22, 2013

New book

I try to list every book I get about miniatures and write a little about them, you can see more of my books here: http://hannahsminiatyrer.blogspot.se/search/label/Books



Small dogs by Susa Sachiko
I bought this book on Etsy. It's in Japanese, I don't understand a word of it, but I manage to translate some things using this site: http://www.ocr-extract.com I have only browsed through this one yet, but it looks good! Great instructions! Maybe even better than my first book about needle felting. But the first one is in Swedish, and when it comes to books I really prefer Swedish! I sometimes have a hard time reading English books, because I want to read super-fast, and I'm not as fast in English as in Swedish =) But Japanese takes the price of hard to read books... ;) Impossible! But like I said, great pictures!!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, they are great, I love how one dog is lying, flat, with the legs behind, just like my mum's dog use to do =) I have to make one just like that. Hope to learn a few tricks from this book now =)

      Delete
  2. Dear Hannah,
    I don't know but I think that Japanese instructions are very well by the pictures.
    My husband worked for Mitsubishi as engineer and the Japanese always said: Please make picture that was the only way to communicate.
    Hugs Dorien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorien! Nice to see you found my blog =)
      I think you are right, I've heard about several great Japanese books with lots of great pictures, I think I will buy more of them later, even do I can't read them =)

      Delete
  3. Love the little book. I still say you have tremendous patience to needle felt those little animals. :-)
    I know what you mean about trying to read another language. My mother is from Germany & many of her recipes are in German. It takes me a great amount of time to read (& re-read them) if I want to make something. She could help me, but I think she likes my frustration...he he.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa =) My husband do know some German =) He took that in school, I took French for 3 years, but I have forgotten all about it today =( Language needs practice I think, so I'm glad I get some practice in English doing this blog =)

      Delete
  4. Those needle felted dogs are so cute! I love the craft books from Japan--their images have a special cuteness (kawaii) to them! Thanks for sharing. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Kawaii is a great and cute style! And I think I will be adding more Japanese books to my bookshelf soon =)

      Delete
  5. Hannah me dejas impresionada, te atreves hasta con el japonés
    y además con resultados como esos lindos perritos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad I can use google translate for these hard to read books =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah