Translate

Friday, September 20, 2013

Progress on the tiny cabin

I would like to thank every one that left such nice comments on my last post =) I started painting that floor again. Amazing how hard it is to make it look like it has been washed off.. ;) I will keep working on that.. I think the first ones looks better than the new ones, but I will keep trying =)

But I'm working on that little cabin too =) Every time I think I'm almost done, I come up with a new idea =) And I still haven't done the roof =) And the grass (I think there will be grass around it, if I'm able to make that..)
When I left you the last time I had done all the walls, but I had not glued it together.
I did some window frames, by regular white paper =)
I also did this around the doorpost. Then I assembled the house.

I made the second floor out of balsa wood, drew some lines on it with a pencil and painted it brown, the same colour as the house.

The first floor is also made out of balsa wood, a bit thicker than the second floor.

Three walls in place. I haven't glued the fourth wall yet, I might just have it loose =)

Then I made a ladder =) (of toothpicks as well)

And I was eager to try out my furnitures..

 
I tried lots of different combinations (I haven't even painted the sofa yet) And I realized I could make a fence just like I did the ladder =) (The sofa is made out of balsa wood and later I added some fabric too)

 Looking at these bright white window frames made me want to paint them... so...

...I painted both the window frames and the sofa, in "Dala-blue" =) I don't know if they are still a bit too bright.. I might just make them a bit more dirty with some brown paint, we will see about that =) (made a door of balsa wood too, and painted it blue)

I made a bunk-bed (out of toothpicks, beads, cardboard and fabric) and a bedside table (balsa wood) and a chest (balsa wood and paint) and a corner cupboard (the cupboard isn't really done yet) and I thought I was almost done (except for the roof and the exteriors) Then I thought, we have very cold winters here in Sweden, maybe I should give the cabin a tile stove. So I moved the cupboard and the fridge and started making a stove.

Eager as always ;) I wanted to see how it would look with the tile stove in place, so I tried it out, even if the stove isn't finished at ALL! (And the cupboard isn't done yet either... )

The door got a doorknob (a bead).

Tried it with the last wall in place, but I think it would be best to leave it removable, maybe I can have some kind of hinge, and open and close the wall like a door?! I will have to see when I have made the roof, if it's even possible to do that.


Some last pictures =) I will keep working on this and I will have to make at least one more post about this house ;)
When I was looking at this now I just realized it might be nice with a rug too... I might just come up with new ideas everyday...
I haven't glued the furniture I only used tacky wax, so they are movable, I figure it would be the best, since I get new ideas for this house all the time =)

But this is a fun project and I have no rush to be done.

I will go paint my tile stove now =)
Take care
Hannah

22 comments:

  1. Очень милый домик!!!!! Так приятно делать что то а потом смотреть на результат!!!!!!!! Удачи с завершением проекта!!!
    Hugs
    Ksandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to be done, so I can see how it turned out, but at the same time I don't want this fun project to end =)

      Delete
  2. Vilket gulligt hus och gulliga möbler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Några möbler kan jag iaf ta åt mig äran för, men de gröna köksdelarna har jag inte gjort utan bytt till mig =)

      Delete
  3. Bueno... has progresado un montón con la cabaña y está quedando preciosa.Me gusta el altillo y las salida que provoca en la fachada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah is a fantastic house you have made ​​here. I love the staggered plan you have made inside. This house is so very charming from the outside, and there are so many options.
    This model, you can continue working with, both in small size but also in 1-12.
    Beautiful and brilliantly made​​.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) I've always like this kind of cabins just because of the second floor =)

      Delete
  5. I love this house. You are doing a splendid job. Great progress!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I will make even more progress in a couple of days =)

      Delete
  6. Привет!
    Замечательный домик!! Такой маленький!! Мне очень нравится! Все так продумано, и лестница и печка! Супер!!!
    Татьяна

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a great time building this!

      Delete
  7. Wow Hannah, I am so impressed by your progress on the log cabin; so tiny but so perfect and cute! I love the colours you used; the pale blue of the windows looks beautiful in combination with the warmth of the wooden beams....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking of making the blue a bit darker, but maybe I should save it as it is then?! =)

      Delete
  8. I love your tiny house it is amazing. All the little furniture is beautiful. Fantastic job.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hannah, What a great job your tiny logcabin...I ám inpressed .... and you see I found your blog.

    Hugs Helma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Do you have 2 blogs? =) I looked at your account now and saw 2 addresses, will check out the other one right now =) (I have seen this: http://helma58.blogspot.se/ but not http://poppenhuiskladblogger.blogspot.se/ before =) )

      Delete
  10. This is so adorable!, I absolutely love what you've done, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Det blir ju sååå bra. Du har verkligen lyckats med det lilla huset. . Roligt att se!

    Lil på Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Va snäll du är! Jag är faktiskt nöjd med detta lilla hus, det är en skön känsla när man gjort något som blir som man tänkt sig =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah