Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Staircase and an intressting package =)

Guess what? I won a new clay from Polyform products =) I like there page on Facebook and they had a lot of lottery where the 3 first comments won a piece of clay. I got lucky enough to win this golden one:
There were a postman (woman) ringing my doorbell and I had to sign for the package just like in American movies ;) I thought it was very exiting, I cant remember I've ever sign for a package at the door like that =) (Its great to be happy by little, because then you have lots to be happy about ;) ) I don't think I have anything from the USA before, like I said before, I never buy things from abroad. The package went to customs and I got lots of papers, which makes me think it is as hard to buy from out of EU as I thought.... But this time I didn't buy anything so I didn't have to pay any customs, (but I have no idea how that works) but I got lots of paper anyway...

Enough about customs =) The clay looks very nice. I  might do some vases or a door knob or?? we will see =)  unfortunately I could not try it today, because I have the worse pain in my shoulder, have no idea why, but it hurts real bad when I move or do things with the arm. Maybe I should give it a rest, but I'm sitting here typing anyway.. typing doesn't hurt that much... and I did a staircase to my 1:144 scale house today, then the shoulder hurt too much so I got to stop...




Feels like I always say that I'm not really happy with my results.. and I cant say I'm happy with this staircase either... I made it of a toothpick and some cardboard. The cardboard broke, I was too brutal when I stuck the toothpick trough it... And its not straight.. and...
But I don't think I will be able to make it better, so it will have to do, like everything else! My patient isn't that great when it comes to things like this, I want everything to be done quickly, rather yesterday than tomorrow ;) I get a picture in my head what I want to make, but then I cant, and then I get frustrated and take short cuts to be done faster but then I'm not totally satisfied with my work.. I just have to remind myself I'm doing this for FUN, nothing else!
Soon I hope to glue down the walls and make a roof. I will make a window at the roof too and a porch. But I don't think I will get the time for it this week, maybe next =)

I just want to remind you to vote on a house here: http://www.littlevictorian.com/2013/05/undersized-urbanite-2013-voting-is-open.html There are many lovely houses, so I had a hard time picking 3 for my votes, but I'm done, and I don't want to tell you who got my votes coz I like them all ;)

11 comments:

  1. Grattis till vinsten! Det var ju kul!
    (Allt som kommer in i landet från företag utanför EU måste dokumenteras, även om man får det gratis!)

    Hoppas du blir bättre i axeln fort....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, jag är lite bättre idag. Jag brukar få ont i den andra axeln då o då och har gått till en sjukgymnast som dragit upp huvudet o tryck tillbaka axeln, läskigt men skönt =) Jag kunde trycka tillbaka denna axel i sömnen i natt verkar det som, men pysslandet har fått vänta lite..
      Tack för infon om tull, jag tycker sånt är lite skrämmande och svårt =)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your winning!
    I think you are being hard on yourself - 1:144 is a tricky think to deal with and you r staircase looks quite allright :)
    Best wishes for your health issues! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do feel a bit better today, hopefully it wont come back, but I had troubles with the other shoulder now and then..
      And the staircase, I'm always hard on myself, but "everyone" else is so good, why aren't I as talented?! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh how I know it, to be result-oriented. I am also the one who would rather rode yesterday than today. However, I have now, after almost a year of blogging, learned a little more patience. I am not a process girl, but I have learned to be a little more in the process. So my advice is, be patient and put many small milestones up.

    Congratulations on your gift.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! It sounds great with many small milestones! I have to think about that!

      Delete
  4. Felicidades por el regalo. El proyecto que tienes es muy difícil y poco a poco lo conseguirás. Espero que te recuperes pronto. Un saludo, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Espero que te recuperes pronto.
    Enhorabuena por tu regalo.
    Que dificil trabajar en esa medida, seguro que te va a quedar genial.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ser ut att vara en prefekt kakfärg på den leran :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den är nog lite väl guld/glittrig för det, men jag får se, kanske kan passa till bakverk med =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah