Translate

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Finished the carpet

Yes, I'm done! I almost can't believe it myself =) I'm no good at finishing projects, but this time I really wanted to get done, and I forbid myself to start a new carpet before I was done with this one =) (I wanted to start a new one I saw at Otterines blog, but I didn't fell for temptations this time =) )

I was done with the stitching some time ago, and realized I didn't know how to finish, should I fold the ends, or what do one do after the stitching is done?!
I felt a bit stupid but I had one idea how to finish, and it looked like this: http://www.janetgranger.co.uk/tut_hemming.htm So it was nice to see I wasn't totally clueless =) Now I'm completely done, with the hem and all. I most say I'm proud of myself to have had the patient to make this.
It took me 6 month + one week or so. First I spent an hour or two stitching everyday, then I just spent a couple of minutes a day (like 5-15 minutes). But all these months I have made at least a couple stitches a day. This carpet brings me lots of memories, I started after my daughters just turned one year old and when we went to visit my mother-in-law, and then I stitched every day while putting my daughter to sleep at the afternoon. I will always think of my baby-girl when I see this carpet =) She is so big now, but still my little baby ;) Sometimes I sell stuff I've made, but I've worked so hard on this and like I said it's full of memories, so I don't think I will ever sell it, (maybe if I get like one million kronor or so.. ;) ) I hope my daughter wants it after me, and her children and there children.. ;) Well enough with the emotional!
I hope to start the new carpet soon! I just have to figure out how to get it in the right size. This carpet has 83 stitches on the short side, but the new one had like 146 or something.. I don't want the new carpet to be twice as big.. How do I solve this?
Do I have to look for another fabric, is there fabrics that has smaller squares than this?! I just want to get started! And maybe I will have to learn half stitches or something and not do the cross-stitch as in this first carpet, it takes so mush time, but maybe half-stitches or what ever they are called takes as much time?!


I got a small package in the mail today =) (I just love mail) It was this cute guinea pig from
Anna, I couldn't resist buying it =) It looks a bit like my guinea pig Emelie. I will try to make a friend for her, because I had two of them when I was younger. Emelie a short-haired, and Lina a more long-haired guinea pig. (I didn't unwrap the hay, she will have to wait for a cage until she gets her hay again...)


And by the way I think I finally got the hang of strawberry canes! hurray!! I tried a couple of times before and it looked really bad.. but today I think I got it, I will have to wait to see after I've baked it, but it looks good now =)

Take care
Hannah


9 comments:

  1. Your carpet is stunningly beautiful, I understand it has taken a long time to sew, your patience has paid off.
    Your little guinea pig is so cute.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I didn't loose my patience and really finished it =) I got the guinea pig from Anna at annasminiatures.blogspot.se, she is great with animals with flocking =)

      Delete
  2. Mattan blev riktigt riktigt snygg! Och marsvinet är ju så sött :)

    //Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, marsvinet är så gulligt, vi får se om jag kan få till ett till iaf hälften så bra ;)

      Delete
  3. Roligt att du är klar med mattan. Den blev ett litet konstverk! Mycket vacker med de fina färgerna. Bra val att du gjorde fransar. Det passar jättebra.....

    Lil på Lilsdolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, ja, jag blev nöjd med valet av fransar. Nu får jag hitta en bra plats för mattan så den syns när jag lagt ner så mycket tid på den =)

      Delete
  4. Tommy trodde det var ett riktigt marsvin, det är ju ett bra betyg ;)

    jag vill också lära mig sånt där!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your carpet is wonderful.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah